25.4.08

College Visit and Stocking Up

Today I skipped school and went to visit a possible college choice in my future. Although I didn't go mainly to see their Digital Art Media department, I did get a chance to see it while in a tour. It was pretty neat because as one of the teachers for the department was explaining different things, I kept thinking to myself, yah, I know that. There were also a couple of times I noticed things before he explained them like them using a blue screen in one of their sets. It was also cool seeing the different facilities and things they were working on like their puppets, sets, and their technology and equipment looked pretty cool. They also seemed to have lots of space for what they were doing. He also mentioned some CG stuff a couple of times, and I knew what he was talking about. A lot of terms he used were pretty familiar.

One the way home I also was able to stop at Michaels and stock up on some Sculpey Premo Clay to use for props. I got it because it was on sale(only 99 cents a block), I had a gift card to use up, and since I'm going to be leaving the country, it'll be hard to get my hands on them. I'm going to be trying out some of the techniques shown in the book I just displayed recently, Making Doll's House Miniatures with Polymer Clay. To add a more realistic touch to the things I make, I also picked up some soft artist's pastels that will add shading to the sculpting things. I'll get some pictures up later.

0 comments: