9.8.08

Plumber's Epoxy Putty

Well, I guess I have less to worry about epoxy putty that I did before. I don't know why I never noticed Taiwan having it before, maybe it was because I didn't look, but now I know that there is a pretty decent supply of plumber's epoxy putty here. I've seen it a bigger chain hardware store(like The Home Depot in the States) and at the local hardware store here.




Recently, I decided to give in and try out some of the epoxy from the hardware store nearby. It seemed to be cheaper than the stuff as it was about twice the size and only cost around 40 NT(roughly $1.30) more. The final price was 130 NT(roughly $4.30). Upon arriving home, I decided to check out the putty and give it a test. At first look, things weren't too good. When I opened it, it appeared to be a really gooey putty substance, but it still came in two parts so that was good. I then mixed it together and put it on a piece of wire. It didn't heat up(from the chemical reaction) like I was used to, so I was a little worried that it wasn't working correctly. It also was taking a little while longer than I was used to to harden. The instructions said that there was a 5 minute working time and 30 minute time to harden however, so I left and came back later, and to my delight, it had hardened. I guess I can make puppets here, if I so choose, without any problems(hopefully I won't run out of Van Aken, if I do, I'll have to get local stuff). Here are some pictures of the test.










By they way on the subject of being in a country right next to China, check out the Olypmics on You Tube. The opening ceremony on TV was pretty cool. The video below is just an ad or something.

0 comments: