7.8.08

Another Animation Test

I was gone for a few days so there wasn't much posting going on, but now that I'm back, here's some more. This morning I did another short animation test. Now, I'm really trying to practice timing and different animation techniques like easing in and out. I think that these things really do help as this looks a lot better than some of the not-so-good stuff I was pulling out a couple years ago. It's still not the best, but it's a start. This time I shot a clip of a blue man clapping, again on the Sony S60, but this time at 24fps. What's nice about not worrying about camera quality and features of the character is that you can really concentrate on animation and timing. I'll have to come up with a few more exercises for myself to really get this stuff down, it'll be good practice for "The Hole" too. Speaking of "The Hole", I bought myself a board to use as the set while I was away. I'm hoping that it won't be too narrow, but if it is, I'll just get another one. Next for that will be to paint it and to build a base for it. Still got to finish that animatic though. Here's the video:



The clap part is a little slow, but I think I realized that I was doing that during the actual animation process. Next time, I'll try to make sure to stay with the number of frames planned.

EDIT:
I edited the video by taking some frames out of the clap section as Ryan suggested and it looks better. Here's the result:

2 comments:

Ryan McCulloch said...

Just make it 1's instead of 2's when he claps or remove some frames in post, it'll speed it up nicely. Looking good.

Kramer Klaymation said...

Hey, thanks, that helped. I don't know why I didn't think of taking out some frames, I guess it's because before I never had enough. I'm going to upload the new video now.