9.5.08

Concept Sketching and Tutorial

Today and yesterday I've done a number of concept sketches for "The Hole". The things that I'm sketching may not even be used, but whatever, it's part of the movie making process. I still need to come up with a pretty solid script sometime so that I can storyboard it. That'll let me then do the CG animatic and all the pre-visualization will be done. After that I can start making final props, get the set made, light it, and shoot away. I'll probably have to throw in some animation practices in there so that I can actually animate somewhat decently. A lot of pre-planning will also have to be done for timing and where I'll be using wire to hold things up and stuff. Lots of work, but lots of fun.

For the tutorial, I finished it yesterday, only to learn later that the audio wasn't synced up correctly. It's not too big of a problem, but makes the tutorial look strange in some spots. Hopefully I can figure out how to fix it. Once that's done, I can figure out a release date or something.

Sorry for not posting any learning or interesting stop motion material recently. I'll have to do that soon so that the blog doesn't focus just on my updates.

0 comments: